The Advocacy for Pets and Affordable Wellness (APAW) is a national coalition of pet owners and advocates dedicated to promoting the health and well-being of America’s pets and empowering pet owners everywhere to demand affordable, quality health care and medicine for their animals.
APAW provides a unified voice of advocacy and support for individuals who are passionate about keeping their beloved, four-legged friends healthy. APAW strives to offer an informative forum where pet owners can voice their perspectives, thoughts and concerns, as well as obtain important information specifically about over-the-counter and prescription pet medications. Through action, empowerment and education, APAW is committed to bringing to life the financial challenges associated with pet ownership while enlightening the pet community about the significant cost savings they can realize by purchasing vet grade medications through alternative resources—including non-veterinary retailers and pharmacies.
- We believe that pets play a fundamental role in enriching millions of people’s lives, by offering companionship, unconditional love, emotional and sometimes functional support.
- We believe the human-pet bond is unlike any other experience.
- We believe the joy of owning a pet shouldn’t be just a right of the wealthy.
- We believe that all pet owners have the right to quality, affordable medicines and products for their pets.
- We believe in the importance of maintaining a caring and compassionate relationship between pet owners and their veterinarians.
- We believe in empowering and educating pet owners throughout the U.S. about new ways to obtain affordable vet grade medications.
- We believe that everyone who owns a pet—particularly those with limited budgets who struggle to pay for their pets’ health and well-being—can experience life-changing savings by purchasing pet medications through their local pharmacy.
- We believe this significant cost savings will ultimately increase the quality of life for both pets and pet owners alike.